Using tablets for teaching outside the classroom
Sharing Landscapes is an Erasmus+ training course held in locations throughout Europe including, Santorini and Stockholm.
Sharing Landscapes addresses issues of teaching outside the classroom; in an urban, rural, local, national and European context. The educational material is based on landscape interpretation, outdoor experiential education and mobile technology.
The course will focus on how mobile learning through smart phones and tablets is revolutionising outdoor education. We show you how to take learning outdoors to rural and urban locations but retain many of the resources of the classroom in your pocket.
The ultimate aim is to create tools for learners which will strengthen European cultural identity. Our objective is to train a body of professional educators from different disciplines, giving the skills and competence needed to produce and use mobile learning material in outdoor education.
During the course we use the following Learning Outcomes, explored in the context of study trips and workshops in urban and rural heritage settings:
- Mobile Learning from a school perspective
- Mobile learning in a cultural and heritage setting
- Learning methodologies for ICT facilitated learning
- Mobile learning using smart phones and tablets
- Podcasting and screencasting using free apps
- Mobile tagging technology
- Digital rights management – legal and copyright implications of web publishing
- Barrier-free access for minority groups, intercultural question.
- Digital image processing
- Accreditation and assessment
The courses comply fully with the Erasmus+ (Erasmus Plus) European criteria for mobility grants. We provide full modules for preparation, monitoring and validation.
Find out more about who can apply or apply now