Making teaching easy with technology for teachers in Europe
This course is designed for teachers of all levels who want to improve and learn new skills in using technology in the classroom to make teaching easier and better. This STEM focussed course will help teachers understand and learn good practices in using technology that will support effective teaching practices.
Who is this course for?
Teachers and trainers working in Primary and Secondary education establishments.
What will I learn?
In this course you will explore case studies and research from expert teachers and academics on how technology can be used to support your teaching and pupils’ learning in the classroom and online, you will be given training on technologies such as Google Classroom, TEAMS, ZOOM, Moodle and other E-learning platforms. There will be fun and interactive group activities combined with customised 1:1 support.
During this course, participants will learn about different technologies that make planning and teaching easier for teachers, especially for those who want to offer a blended learning approach for their students. During the course, you will reflect on how technology is currently used in your own context and compare the new and different EdTech which can impact learning and collaboration in the classroom.
You will receive a teacher’s manual to take away which you can use to implement your own technologies within your classroom. As part of your package, you will also benefit from one year of access to the School of Coding’s E-learning environment where teacher resources and full lesson plans are pre-designed to help teachers introduce and advance technologies in education. Through workshops, lectures and study trips, we meet you at your own personal level, from absolute beginner to expert. There will be fun and interactive group activities combined with customised 1:1 support.
What will you achieve upon completion of this course?
Upon completion of the course, teachers will understand the good practice and the use of technology in schools and will have a better understanding and overview of different Ed-tech software available to teachers throughout Europe. You will also receive a Certificate of Attendance in Understanding Technologies in the Classroom.
Learning Outcomes are focused on the understanding and use of:
- Enrichment of the professional profile of teachers involved, connecting the world of school with the world outside.
- Evaluate current practices around the use of technology in your context.
- Interpret the relevance of research about communication, collaboration, memory and feedback to the use of technology.
- Compare technology uses to support effective teaching and learning.
- Select appropriate technologies and implementation approaches to support effective teaching and learning in your context.
- How technology can be used as a tool to support learning and how to evaluate its impact.
- What research evidence suggests about the effective presentation of new concepts, meaningful pupil collaboration and how technology can be a useful tool to support both.
- How pupils’ long-term retention of content can be supported through approaches such as retrieval practise, elaboration, spacing and interleaving of learning and how technology might support these practices.
- How technology can be used to support evidence-informed feedback practices and when you might choose to implement it.
Who is this course delivered by?
The course is delivered by experienced tutors of School of Coding (SOC) Blended Learning, who have been training teachers and students in the UK and Europe for over 5 years. SOC Blended Learning’s head offices are based in Dublin, Ireland and our tutors come from all over Europe who have a vast amount of expertise in teaching EdTech technologies in a fun and engaging environment.
The courses comply fully with the Erasmus+ (Erasmus Plus) European criteria for mobility grants. We provide full modules for preparation, monitoring and validation.
Find out more about who can apply or apply now