Coding and Robotics is a fun-packed hands-on course for teachers of all levels. This STEM focussed course is designed to help teachers understand and learn good practices in Coding and Robotics which they can implement in the classroom straight away.
Who is this course for?
Teachers and trainers working in Primary and Secondary education establishments.
What will I learn?
During this course, participants will learn and build small programs using various coding languages and create full working robotic projects. Participants will work through practical teaching projects and material for all age ranges of school education. Through workshops, lectures and study trips, we meet you at your own personal level, from absolute beginner to expert. There will be fun and interactive group activities combined with customised 1:1 support. You will be introduced to coding languages such as Python, Scratch and Java.
You will receive a full set of teacher manuals to take away which you can use to teach Robotics and Coding. As part of your package, you will also benefit from one year of access to the School of Coding’s E-learning environment where teacher resources and full lesson plans are pre-designed to help teachers introduce and advance Coding and Robotics within their school.
What will you achieve upon completion of this course?
Upon completion of the course, teachers will understand the good practice, implementation and planning for coding and robotics in schools and will have a better understanding and overview of Computer Science as a subject throughout Europe. You will also receive a Certificate of Attendance in Coding & Robotics.
Learning Outcomes are focused on the understanding and use of:
- Enrichment of the professional profile of teachers involved, connecting the world of school with the world outside.
- Promotion of Coding, technology and robotics in schools as transversal components of the school curricula.
- Innovation of schools and training colleges through OERs and active learning methodology tools.
- Knowledge, technical skills and competencies concerning the use of technical tools, that today are important in several jobs and different sectors.
- Promotion of existing coding and robotics in school methodologies at the National and European levels.
- Promotion of the debate about technology, coding and robotics in schools.
- Lesson planning to introduce and advance existing Coding, Computer Science and Robotics curriculum using gamification.
Who is this course delivered by?
The course is delivered by experienced tutors of School of Coding (SOC) Blended Learning, who have been training teachers and students in the UK and Europe for over 5 years. SOC Blended Learning’s head offices are based in Dublin, Ireland and our tutors come from all over Europe who have a vast amount of expertise in teaching Coding & Robotics in a fun and engaging environment.
The courses comply fully with the Erasmus+ (Erasmus Plus) European criteria for mobility grants. We provide full modules for preparation, monitoring and validation.
Find out more about who can apply or apply now